Activity 1: Approach and methodology
The action will be implemented by the European Fundamental Rights Agency and includes the following activities:
- Exploring existing good practices and methods for identifying vulnerable population groups by exploring the experience of other countries or international organizations in identifying and studying vulnerable population groups.
Qualitative stakeholder surveys will be carried out to determine the data collection tool optimally applicable to our conditions. Close partnership will be established with UNICEF Norway. Study visits will be organized to explore new methods, best practices and experience which will contribute to the successful implementation of project activities.
- Carrying out desk research
A comparative review of the tools applied in studies targeting hard-to-reach populations will be carried out, with an analysis of their specific objectives and political context.
- Analysis of the results of the research. Defining criteria for identifying vulnerable populations and defining a data collection tool.
A list of indicators that would be needed to fill existing gaps in available data will be prepared. A workshop will be organized and held to discuss the selected criteria for the identification of vulnerable groups as well as the list of indicators. Guidelines will be developed for the implementation of the chosen instrument. Researchers and representatives of the academic community will be committed to project implementation, in particular methodological issues, to establish criteria for identifying vulnerable population groups.
- Report – a comparative review of the tools applied in studies targeting hard-to-reach populations with an analysis of their specific objectives and political context.
- Policy-oriented framework of the indicators – a list of indicators that would be needed to fill existing gaps in available data.
- Guidelines for the implementation of the instruments – list of criteria for the identification of vulnerable population groups; defining the groups to be covered by the survey under Action 2.
- Exchange of good practices with organization from a donor country.